Workiva is hiring freshers as Data Science Intern Candidates from multiple batches are eligible for this role. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below.
We like to attend all career fairs and recruitment events before closing our positions. That means, this position may be open without response for a couple of weeks to give us time to wrap up the recruitment season. Please see our tentative timeline below so you know when to expect to hear back from us!
- All postings close: February 19th, 2023
- Resume reviews: Mid to late February
- Interviews: Early to mid-March
- Offers: Throughout month of March
2023 Start Dates:
This position has opportunities to start in the Summer. Please see our start dates below.
Summer Internships: Monday, May 15, 2023
- 40/hours per week max
Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
The Data Science Intern acts as part of a collaborative team to generate insights and product features from data. Contributes to the discovery, requirements gathering, data acquisition and wrangling, pipeline monitoring, and model prototyping and improvement processes.
- Participate in discovery, requirements gathering, and exploratory data analysis
- Assist team data engineers and ML engineers with the development and optimization of our data and model pipelines, as well as data cleaning/wrangling
- Work with team data scientists to prototype, test, and refine machine learning models to solve real-world problems, including in production environments
- Gain experience with using machine learning at scale
What You’ll Need
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or higher degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, software engineering, or a related field is required
- Hands-on programming experience
- Basic knowledge of machine learning techniques such as classification, regression, and clustering
- Familiarity with statistical concepts such as distributions, statistical testing, types of variables
- Ability to work within a distributed team
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Interest in expanding skills applicable within a data org
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
- Source control systems such as Git
- Using real-world data for projects, including data cleaning and preparation
- Data science libraries like pandas, scikit-learn, caret, mlr, Tensorflow
- Using the command line for development tasks
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- Salary range in the US:
- 401(k) participation and match
- Paid sick leave
- A unique opportunity to further your learning experience through additional internship seasons
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, You’ll Enjoy:
- Intern Environment: Workiva was ranked a top 100 internship program by WayUp and ranked #20 in Best Places to Work for a reason! Our interns have the opportunity to participate in mentoring, professional development, networking, and flexible hours during their internship. We continually strive to provide numerous resources to build not just excellent interns, but excellent business professionals.
- Real Work Experience: Workiva interns are treated as full-time employees and are allowed the freedom to contribute to real work that truly impacts Workiva and it’s operations. From writing code in our production environment to directly supporting our customers’ on our newest platform, our interns play a vital role in our company!
- Fantastic Perks: Being an intern at Workiva has benefits beyond just a paycheck. You can’t beat the wellness discounts, 401k participation and match, casual dress environment, paid sick leave and countless other perks that Workiva offers!
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Business Employee Resource Groups (Black, Hispanic, Asian, Women, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Veterans, Disabilities), Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Opportunity at Workiva: At Workiva, we offer more than just a 12-15 week spring or summer program. 80% of our interns extend longer than just 1 semester with us to continue work on their projects. As long as you are enrolled in a degree seeking program, you could have the opportunity to be an intern at Workiva until you graduate!
Learn more about life at Workiva: [*https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/*]
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com.
Workiva supports employees in working where they work best – either from an office or remotely from any location within their country of employment.
|Job Role||Data Science Intern|
|Salary||Best in Industry|
Join Our Groups For the Latest Job and Internship Updates:
|Join Telegram Channel for Job Update[10000+ Members]|
|Join Telegram Channel for Interview Material[10000+ Members]|
|Join Whatsapp for Job and Internship Updates [10000+ Members]|
|Join Telegram Channel for Free Udemy Courses[10000+ Members]|
How to apply for this Recruitment Drive?