PBS is hiring freshers as Jr. Software Engineer, PBS Kids Web (Remote) Candidates from multiple batches are eligible for this role. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below.
Corporate Area: PBS KIDS
Status: Full-time/Exempt/Grant – This position is fully funded until June 30, 2025.
Supervisor: Senior Manager, Technology
PBS KIDS is looking for talented and motivated software engineers to help in the redesign and rebuild of pbskids.org. At PBS KIDS our mission is to use the power of media to open worlds of possibilities for all children so that every child can reach their full potential in school — and in life. Our redesign aims to better fulfill this mission by implementing modern technologies to provide all children with their favorite videos, games, and activities wherever they are and on whichever device they use. We are passionate about providing all children with safe high-quality media experiences that educate and inspire. At PBS KIDS your work has a meaningful impact on millions of kids and families, and you will have the opportunity to collaborate with the people who make some of the finest products and content in children’s media.
Key Responsibilities Will Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Work with a team of engineers rebuilding the pbskids.org website in a collaborative development process.
- Work closely with Product owners and Technical program managers and provide feedback on technical proposals and root cause analyses.
- Communicate directly with designers to discuss UI/UX revisions as needed.
- Participate in the code review process by providing feedback on pull requests.
Requirements For Success
- Collaborative problem solver who is eager to learn new techniques and technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with compiling CSS using SASS, SCSS, and/or LESS preferred.
- Experience with at least one of the following MVC frameworks: Vue, React, and Angular preferred.
- Experience working with version control software, such as GitHub or Bitbucket preferred.
- Experience working with issue/project tracking software, such as Jira or Pivotal Tracker preferred.
- Experience working with development/debugging tools, such as Chrome dev tools and Postman preferred.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
|Job Role||Jr. Software Engineer, PBS Kids Web (Remote)|
|Salary||Best in Industry|
Join Our Groups For the Latest Job and Internship Updates:
|Join Telegram Channel for Job Update[10000+ Members]|
|Join Telegram Channel for Interview Material[10000+ Members]|
|Join Whatsapp for Job and Internship Updates [10000+ Members]|
|Join Telegram Channel for Free Udemy Courses[10000+ Members]|
How to apply for this Recruitment Drive?