OpenFin is hiring freshers as Engineering Intern Candidates from multiple batches are eligible for this role. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below.
We have an office in New York and this position can either be based in the office, hybrid-remote, or remote within the US (subject to your existing legal right to work in the jurisdiction). We work EST hours and the preference is that this person sits in the CST or EST zones.
OpenFin is a high-growth enterprise productivity tech company backed by the world’s largest banks and most respected FinTech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, and Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes and democratizes app development and distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast and intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Google’s Chromium, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, and robust security with an agile web development and deployment model to accelerate digital transformation and innovation. Within finance, the number of firms utilizing OpenFin technology has grown from 2,400 to 3,800 since the launch of Workspace in May 2021.
About The Role
We are seeking out Engineering Interns for our Internship Program. The ideal candidate will be interested in developing their skills, while becoming a contributing member of our Product Engineering team. You should be excited about learning new languages, frameworks and technologies. At the conclusion of the Internship Program, successful candidates will be considered for a full time permanent position, or given the opportunity to continue on in a P/T capacity.
Your work here at OpenFin will cover a range of interests and areas of expertise that can scale to what you would like to learn! The following are three key areas where you could contribute:
Contribute to the OpenFin UI Library:
- Architect and build accessible, extensible, and well-tested React components used in several OpenFin products shipping this year.
- Build out automation and testing, documentation, prototypes, and have the opportunity to give tech talks. Here you can help optimize and build out our engineering processes.
- You will also create community knowledge with product engineering teams, working with the UI Library.
- Deliver a best-in-class user experience in OpenFin products.
- A user-focused, empathetic person who wants to collaborate, write, talk, and dream about code that people will love to use.
- Comfortable building React components and a passion for making them pixel perfect.
- Awareness of accessibility best practices, progressive enhancement, the DOM / Shadow DOM and how React “works” under the hood.
- Familiarity and an interest in using Typescript, Styled Components, and Framer Motion.
- An interest in learning cross-platform development for Mac and Windows using Electron and modern tools and frameworks like Webpack and NextJS.
- Code with Empathy—write your code thinking about the person who might use it next, that person might be you 😉
- Don’t follow the GPS into the lake: we like when engineers are intuitive, critical and opinionated on what they want to work on and how they think things should be built. Design debates as a way to continually improve our processes and software are a core element of our Engineering culture. We want people who strive to make things better and are always willing to learn from others.
- Don’t take all of the blame—when software breaks, we’re all on the hook. We share knowledge, responsibility, and an excitement for fixing things when we discover them.
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies and to enable our customers to do the same. We pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding and supportive culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn and innovate, and overall, have a good time doing it. We value and appreciate that our employees have a wide set of interests and experiences. Getting to know each other and forming relationships is important, which is why we regularly host offsite events, happy hours and virtual social hours, in addition to having a variety of Employee Resource Groups to participate in. Our environment is conducive to a productive and enjoyable learning experience — aligned together, moving fast and working to create compelling solutions for our clients.
Voted “FinTech of the Year, 2022” at the US FinTech Awards
Voted “FinTech Innovation of the Year, 2022” by Financial News
Voted “Best Overall FinTech Company, Industry Leadership, 2022” by FinTech Breakthrough
Voted “Best Workplace for Change & Transformation, 2021” by Harrington Starr
Voted “FinTech of the Year, 2020” by TradeTech
RECRUITERS NOTICE: Recruiters – if you wish to reach out to us regarding this job posting, you may reach out to email@example.com in order for your communication to be reviewed. OpenFin will review these communications if external help is needed for a position. Agencies may not contact individuals within our organization with solicitations. Firms that do not follow these guidelines risk having all communication from their firm being blocked. We thank you in advance for your cooperation in following our process.
|Job Role||Engineering Intern|
|Salary||Best in Industry|
Join Our Groups For the Latest Job and Internship Updates:
|Join Telegram Channel for Job Update[10000+ Members]|
|Join Telegram Channel for Interview Material[10000+ Members]|
|Join Whatsapp for Job and Internship Updates [10000+ Members]|
|Join Telegram Channel for Free Udemy Courses[10000+ Members]|
How to apply for this Recruitment Drive?