January is hiring freshers as Software Engineer (New York) Candidates from multiple batches are eligible for this role. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below.
But this is only scratching the surface—we think there’s more ways to solve this problem than our existing offerings. We want you to play a pivotal role in building those products.
What’s In It For You
Software Engineers at January aren’t just responsible for writing code. You’ll also own product and team outcomes, advocate for customers, and help other engineers grow.
At the same time, January is deeply invested in your growth as an engineer. You’ll work with your manager to craft a development plan with personalized career goals and we’ll give you the support and resources to help achieve those goals.
The Main Ways You’ll Impact The Business Are
- Borrower Experience. You’ll work to make the collections experience simpler and more empathetic for borrowers, improving recoveries. This might include running experiments to improve conversion, analyzing user behavior to find opportunities, and designing reinforcement learning models to automate decision making.
- Client Experience. Build simple, best-in-class tools to help creditors engage with their borrowers, analyze effectiveness, and automate operations.
- Technical Leverage. Develop simple solutions to complex technical scaling problems, improving developer leverage, reliability, security, and compliance. Depending on your areas of expertise, this may include infrastructure scaling, domain modeling, performance optimization, and continuous deployment.
- Developing Peers. When you work at January, you work with a team that grows together. Regardless of your current level, you’ll share your knowledge of systems, engineering practices, and the problem domain, helping ensure everyone’s success. You’ll do this through code review, pair programming, documentation, and just plain being supportive.
You Might Be a Fit If You Value
- Genuine collaboration. We recognize and explicitly reward feedback, alignment, and learning from each other.
- Managers as advocates. You’ll report to leaders invested in your growth and promotion, not just their own. Managers only succeed when their teams thrive.
- Outcomes over output. We value finding ways to do more with less, working smart instead of burning out.
- Product ownership. Engineers are owners, not mercenaries. Everyone plays a role in discovering, advocating for, and implementing product ideas.
- Technical quality. We work collaboratively with product to ensure great outcomes without sacrificing quality. Sustainable development is a first-class priority.
- Have 0-6 years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Are proficient in at least one programming language such as Python, Java, or C++
- Have strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Want the chance to collaborate closely with your peers
- We find that candidates who perform particularly well in this role have full-stack experience
- Hybrid and remote work opportunities, allowing you to work in the office and from home on a schedule that works for you
- Pet-friendly office (only in NYC, for now!)
- Competitive equity packages, giving you a chance to feel true ownership of your work
- Unlimited PTO so you can take the time you need to rest and recharge
- Flexible work hours for better work/life balance
- Generous new parent leave program for all employees to enjoy bonding time
- Free lunches for team socializing activities
- Annual learning and development budget to invest in your professional growth
- 401k so you can invest in your future
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Free access to the mental well-being platform Spring Health plus 3 free virtual sessions with a Spring Health licensed therapist.
- Commuter benefits for your travel to/from the office
- Endless growth opportunity and the ability to take on new and exciting challenges
January believes in doing its part to help close the wage gap that continues to plague much of the US workforce. We offer transparent and equitable compensation packages to all existing and future January team members.
Our compensation range for the Software Engineer I & II role is $115,000 to $155,000. We determine the final package by considering experience, applicable education and training, and relevant skills derived throughout our interview process.
This role also includes a competitive equity package, giving you a chance to feel true ownership of your work.
To learn more about what it’s like to work with us, check out our Glassdoor reviews . We think our track record speaks best.
January is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
At January, we believe that diversity of outlooks, demographics, identities, and life experiences enable companies to build the best products. More diversity means more empathy with different types of people. This matters a lot for us, since so many borrowers in financial distress with whom we engage come from underrepresented backgrounds. We practice what we preach and look forward to continuing to grow and build on our already diverse team.
|Job Role||Software Engineer (New York)|
|Salary||Best in Industry|
Join Our Groups For the Latest Job and Internship Updates:
|Join Telegram Channel for Job Update[10000+ Members]|
|Join Telegram Channel for Interview Material[10000+ Members]|
|Join Whatsapp for Job and Internship Updates [10000+ Members]|
|Join Telegram Channel for Free Udemy Courses[10000+ Members]|
How to apply for this Recruitment Drive?