Expedia Group is hiring freshers as Software Development Engineer II Candidates from the multiple batches are eligible for this role. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below.
Our team is building a ground breaking lodging shopping platform to allow customers to explore hotels, vacation rentals, resorts, and more in order to find their ultimate travel destination! We focus on the customer facing search and detail pages but also work across the shopping path with various other teams. We are building a dynamic user experience while also keeping performance at the forefront – constantly enhancing the system which prices and sorts thousands of properties per second. Our entire infrastructure handles millions of requests per minute which requires scalability, reliability and dedication to ensure the best customer experience. Our platform serves customers on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices on Expedia sites and through a variety of partners.
As a software development engineer II, you will consistently apply software engineering principles to business contexts. You will lead small, well-defined projects and continues as a supporting player on sophisticated projects. You will proactively identify inefficiencies in existing systems and develop new business features. Build, rollout and optimize shared Discovery features (services and/or experiences where relevant) for all brands which will have direct impact on the bookings and revenue
What You’ll Do
- You will develop and test standard software applications and related programs and procedures to ensure they meet design requirements.
- You will apply software design principles, data structures and/or design patterns and computer science fundamentals to write code that is clean, maintainable, optimized, modular with good naming conventions.
- Collaborate with team members to co-develop and solve problems.
- Proactively take initiative to meet peers across environment and collaborate to solve problems.
- Takes advantage of opportunities to build new technical expertise in a specific engineering area.
- You will implement tasks and/or provides data to support implementation of well-rounded solutions that forge linkages between structure, people, process and technology
- You report clearly on current work status. You ask exciting questions when empowered to do so.
- You can apply formal training methods to current workload. You feel comfortable exciting authority/the status quo.
- Understands the importance of system and technology integration and the basic features and facilities involved in the integration process.
- Good experience ofJava server-side programming (especially Java 8).
- You know what it takes to design good REST-ful APIs
- Can able to write a clean, optimise, Modular and production ready code in java.
- Experience handlingpost production issuesand good understanding ofdesign patterns.
- Experience in performance engineering (Latency, throughput, error rate, resiliency).
- Experience of developing software in anAgileenvironment with aDevOpsmind-set.
- You wouldn’t mind exposure to Scala and Kafka
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in a Technical field; or equivalent related professional experience.
- Equivalent experience includes:
- Experience developing software in a team environment of at least 5 engineers (agile, version control, etc.)
- Building and maintaining a software project/product in production environments in public/hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Strength in a language, moderate familiarity in other applicable languages.
- Familiarity in a couple data stores or API access patterns and integration.
- Familiarity with associated technologies within your specialization as part of the wider ecosystem.
- Understanding of how projects fit together within your team.
- Able to understand moderately complex systems.
- Ability to test and monitor your own code.
- Understanding of testing and monitoring tools.
- Ability to debug applications.
- Understanding of how teams’ goals fit a business need.
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group’s family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
|Company Name||Expedia Group|
|Company website||www.Expedia Group.com|
|Job Role||Software Development Engineer II|
|Salary||Best in Industry|
Join Our Groups For Latest Job and Internship Updates:
|Join Telegram Channel for Job Update[10000+ Members]||Click Here|
|Join Telegram Channel for Interview Material[10000+ Members]||Click Here|
|Join Whatsapp for Job and Internship Update[10000+ Members]||Click Here|
|Join Telegram Channel for Free Udemy Courses[10000+ Members]||Click Here|
How to apply for this Recruitment Drive ?
Apply Link : Click Here