Canonical is hiring freshers as Software Engineer – Robotics Candidates from the multiple batches are eligible for this role. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below.
This role is about making the Robot Operating System (ROS and ROS 2) on Ubuntu the most secure robotics platform available. You will enable delivery of high quality, secure robotics software, while enhancing the developer experience for robotics innovators around the world. You will engineer security solutions and vulnerability fixes for ROS and represent Canonical and Ubuntu to the robotics community.
As a Software Engineer at Canonical, you have a key role in the success of Ubuntu, our partners, customers, and the larger Ubuntu community. Your primary responsibility is to your team – contributing toward objectives, continuously improving, and striving to be a vital part of a healthy, high-performing team.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team to deliver security solutions for ROS and ROS 2
- Write high quality code, tests, and documentation for ROS, Snapcraft, and other exciting open source projects
- Contribute high-quality code reviews for internal and external engineers
- Identify and fix security vulnerabilities in open source code
- Support Canonical’s Extended Security Maintenance offering for ROS
- Help mentor new hires
- Work from home with occasional global travel for Canonical events and relevant conferences
- Represent Ubuntu and Canonical in the ROS project and the broader robotics community
- Advance modern, agile, secure software development practices which develop and evangelize great engineering practices
- Disseminate best practices – particularly for robotics security – through documentation, tutorials, white papers, videos and blog posts
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You have 2-3 years of working experience in robotics, including ROS, ROS 2 and related software components
- You have a strong software engineering, Linux, security and open source background
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- You have in-depth knowledge of C / C++ and Python programming
- You value soft skills and are passionate, enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated
- Your interest and experience with Debian packaging, Git/Github/Gitlab, snaps, LXD and docker is an added benefit
- Your experience with self-driving mobility solutions, drone autopilots, motion planning or similar robotics challenge problems will help you succeed in this role
|Job Role||Software Engineer – Robotics|
|Salary||Best in Industry|
Join Our Groups For Latest Job and Internship Updates:
|Join Telegram Channel for Job Update[10000+ Members]||Click Here|
|Join Telegram Channel for Interview Material[10000+ Members]||Click Here|
|Join Whatsapp for Job and Internship Update[10000+ Members]||Click Here|
|Join Telegram Channel for Free Udemy Courses[10000+ Members]||Click Here|
How to apply for this Recruitment Drive ?
Apply Link : Click Here