Barclays is hiring freshers as Software Engineer. Candidates from the multiple batches are eligible for this role. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below.
About Barclays Investment Bank
With a distinctive business model, the Investment Bank provides large corporate, government and institutional clients with a comprehensive set of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Barclays Investment Bank has offices around the world, employs 20,000 people and has the global reach, advisory services and distribution power to meet the needs of issuers and investors worldwide.
About Statistical Modelling and Development
The Statistical Modelling and Development team remit lies within the trading activities in the Markets division, in particular electronic trading activities. It is responsible for
- Algorithms and model based business logic used in electronic trading in Markets.
- Data Science applied to trading and sales activities
- Underlying technology used in electronic trading and Data Science
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.”
Overall purpose of role
The quantitative analyst will conduct research and development in various stages of e-trading activities and contribute to the development of signals, trading strategies, pricing, hedging and portfolio management activities, and pre/post trade analytics. Ultimately the purpose is to create best in class the business logic and models underlying electronic liquidity offering to clients and the associated analytics. This would involve the full chain from defining the problem, metrics to quantify the solutions, hypothesizing solutions, testing and validation, implementation, productionisation, monitoring and support.
The quantitative analyst will work within the SM&D team on one or more modelling activities related to
- analyze market micro-structure and develop signals and trading strategies,
- develop pricing and hedging strategies,
- develop suitable pre-/post trade analytics to gain insights,
- develop business critical reports.
The successful candidate is also expected to engage in implementation of the models into high quality production code within BATS as well as support and enhance the existing algorithms.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
This role involves interacting with colleagues in other locations as well as our partners in Trading, Technology, Compliance and Risk. It may involve direct interaction with clients. The ability to work and communicate across diverse teams is essential.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
This position requires strong analytical, mathematical modelling, and programming skills. Attention to details and ability to make independent judgement are critical for success at this position.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Personal attributes essential to performing role including competencies, expertise, knowledge, and experience. Note: experience requirements must not be in the form of years (minimum or otherwise).
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Excellent analytical abilities with strong understanding of mathematics, statistics and machine learning tools along with deep knowledge of various statistical tools like R, python and kdb.
- Excellent coding skills, preferably in Java, along with ability to work in shared development environment
- Excellent verbal, written communication & presentation skills
- Should be a self-starter and can work easily as individual contributor or part of a team.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Graduate , Master’s or PhD in engineering, mathematics or other quantitative disciplines
- Prior experience with algorithms or eTrading business logic is preferred
Prior professional experience of working in financial institutions
|Job Role||Software Engineer|
|Salary||Best in Industry|
Join Our Groups For Latest Job and Internship Updates:
|Join Telegram Channel for Job Update[10000+ Members]||Click Here|
|Join Telegram Channel for Interview Material[10000+ Members]||Click Here|
|Join Whatsapp for Job and Internship Update[10000+ Members]||Click Here|
|Join Telegram Channel for Free Udemy Courses[10000+ Members]||Click Here|
How to apply for this Recruitment Drive ?
Apply Link : Click Here
Location: Any location, IN